Other Spaces to talk about Community

The Intentional Community Forum is great, but it’s not the only thing out there! Do you know about something more real-time, like a chatroom or a regular zoom call? Or maybe there are some more specific or slower-paced conversations, like a listserv. This is a place to find them and post them.

And while you’re there – let them know about the Intentional Community Forum and invite them over!

Other Discussion Forums
Reddit: r/intentionalcommunity

5 Likes

A virutal meeting on Zoom or Jitsi Meet would be amazing! I would love to talk with others in real time who are also forming their own intentional communities!!

3 Likes

I’m having a Zoom meeting this Saturday at Noon (MST) to discuss starting a book group. Send me an e mail if you’d like to join lilaosborne@rocketmail.com

1 Like

Hi. I started another thread in this forum about our group Sexual Abuse Prevention for ICs. We meet quarterly. I"ll post our future meetings here too. Thanks,
Carol

2 Likes

I would love that as well.

There’s a facebook group I’m part of, its just called Intentional Communities and it gets a lot of traffic, lots of people seeking to start communities and some seeking to live in communities, it doesn’t seem to get the level of depth in discussion topics that this group does though, but maybe that can be improved upon?

I’d love to host see something! I run DND games online via discord if anyone wants to play??

1 Like

I’ve joined several more cohousing and intentional community groups on facebook, but haven’t found any other forums to join that interest me, I’m not into readit, but others might be, they do have intentional community groups on there.

I joined permies.com 2 months ago and I love it. Its got an intentional community section, and lots of other adjacent things too, its a permaculture forum. I really enjoy it over there! Everyone’s super nice, and the only place that one talks about political or social issues is a specific section, so as long as I don’t post in that section I don’t have to see people fighting, like at all which is fun and community-minded.