What are your favorite resources about intentional community?

What articles, books, videos, workshops, etc about intentional community have you found most useful, engaging, or fun? Please share links and tell us what you loved about them on this thread!

1 Like

I am currently appreciating the webinars and courses FIC is providing on the topic of membership. They are really helping my community create framework for who and how we select for membership. Yay!

2 Likes

I find the FIC website helpful of course. Also the Inside Community podcast here, I think its the single most helpful resource I’ve found so far. Another good one is cohousing.org, and the Tell Me More About Cohousing podcast from cohousing Houston.
I looked the Global Ecovillage Network yesterday but I wasn’t as impressed, their podcast doesn’t want to play on my computer for some reason, sigh.

There’s an intentional communities group on facebook which is active and has interesting posts sometimes but is mostly people seeking community.

I’m also planning to do some intentional community tours in person this winter, I chose out three cohousing communities in Portland to check out and a couple of friends who are also interested are going to tour with me.

I recently joined permies.com, a couple of months ago and, while it isn’t intentional community-exclusive, it has a lot of overlap, as well as having a specific section for intentional communities. Its been great for me to learn from. We visited several local communities and are on the waitlist for one, so we’re hoping we can make living in community a reality for us soon.