Support for communitarians

I wonder why it costs money to have community chats with the Fic? As someone that has been in the hunt for 14 years, I find it very frustrating when everything is about money when I am struggling to get out of the system, money is one of the things that is very limiting, especially when you don’t know how you’ll survive quitting jobs.

And 14 years is an extremely long time to be in flux so I’ve always felt like I needed more support, not just a forum in the cold form of communication of written word and now with high speed internet that can be accomplished. It’s just this need for money which I get but it doesn’t have to be if people could spare a few hours to volunteer. It’s seems insane to me.

A friend Roger, who has facilitation experience, and myself are starting to host weekly community chats as a supportive group and he is ready to bring more people in on the chat. Tuesdays nights at 7:30pm est. currently. email me and/or him to get the link. Dandougherty2099@gmail.com rjbalson@gmail.com

Also, why is it so difficult to edit on here on my iPad? I almost didn’t post because of the small window available to doctor this message. Grrrr…
Delaware Dan

1 Like

I think that chats, verbal chats/meetings I mean, are a great idea, there’s a new one in my area, which currently happens on zoom but might be shiftible to in-person at some point. We’ll see, I’m going to attend next Tue. its for starting a tinyhouse/RV intentional community, which isn’t the exact model we’re looking for (big and tall husband), but the consistant nature of it seems like something that would be helpful for connecting and networking, so I’m going to let my community-interested friends know, so we can all learn/participate and grow together, and we’ll see what happens, maybe some of us will actually be able to creat something together.