Selfie Sunday Thread: Share a glimpse of life inside your community

Do you have any selfies of you in your community, snapshots of your day to day life, a pic from a visit to another community, images of your current group, or a nice reunion shot? The title says selfie, but I encourage you to share any glimpse into community life and its people.

Yesterday I got the idea to reach out to Nickel City Housing Co-op: Plankton House alumni who still lived in the area, and invite them over for a quick photo on the porch. I was so grateful for those who showed up today in snowy 30 degree fahrenheit weather with less than 24-hours planning to hang outside on the porch sipping tea and coffee while we waited for everyone to gather. The group of folks pictured here include the 6 current members of the house, and 10 alumni from various years. With a little bit more planning, and hopefully in warmer weather, I hope to track down the alumni who lived here prior to any of us represented in this photo. Just missing members from the years 2006-2010.

I’d love to see any photos you have to share of community life! Please share them in the thread below.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! This is our household on the day we bought the house (minus the dog, Birdie, and the cat, Tia). I’m Daniel, on the left. @m.frankit.t is in the middle, and @elsbeth is on the right. It’s been almost a year since we moved in – I think we’re due for another selfie!

1 Like

I feel like this calls for a thread showing off the pets and creatures of intentional communities. This would give me an excuse to share photos of our yaks! Also, I want to see Birdie and Tia. I can’t believe you didn’t share them.

You seriously have yaks?! Wow!