Money is hard to get

Very good question! Considering that I’m also trying to save as much as possible as well (even though I don’t have any comrades and feel lost on that subject), I’d be very unwilling to buy anything other then chemical free essentials like soap (my source is about $2 a bar) or toothpaste. I would think that making something as a group to sell would be two fold, first it strengthens the group to make things together and second you can sell it to make a little bit extra money. And then once you make said product, you need customers and that’s not so easy. Like me for instance, I may never check this post ever again so how would I even know to buy from you? Not so easy times right now for trying to separate from the mainstream it seems.

Also, maybe some kind of gardening or lawn care service may be a good way to bring extra cash and could be a teamwork kind of thing. Lastly, I’d say maybe using the internet video meetings to offer advice, like if you offer that all of you will sit and listen to someone and give them advice, maybe that would be worth it to some people. Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks for getting us back on topic with some more ideas that are related to the original post! I think community businesses are a great idea, I think that, for some communities they would involve people doing the work getting a portion of the money and the community getting a portion of the money, but in some communities that are full-on income sharing communities the division of who gets what would potentially take various forms. In fact it might make sense to start a community businesses thread.

1 Like

I tried to look around online for community-related grants, they are few and far between, but maybe someday that will change.

For people of colour, check out the Bipoc Communities Council, they have some grant programs available for relevent folks.

much to give
much to receive
yet
inflexibility.
Will not blend, all loose out

Look to Compost Coop as one model

• -Chad