Introduce yourself and meet others

What an awesome, rich background and family Bryan. I wonder how you are doing post cohousing search? If you continue to look for that perfect community, consider Greek Village Cohousing. It provides your daughter EU permanent residency and is an awesome community. We are starting an experiential Montessouri school, and the children will likley run a small agribusiness. Check out our Greek Village Cohousing website and see if you want to come to one of our information coffees! www.GreekVillageCohousing.com

1 Like

Teel, I divide my time between two intentional communities: (1) the Litibu EcoVillage near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, and (2) the GreenRise Intentional Community which is a short way from you at Sheridan and Lawrence. I became a founding member of Litibu in 1992. I have been a communitarian at GreenRise since 2010. Good to ā€œmeetā€ you here. Terry

1 Like

*Hi peeps

My nameā€™s Jonas
Born in the wrong jungle (massive city of Buenos aires)
Iā€™m 36 male.
Iā€™m currently focusing on creating an anarchist co-living space in the jungle (old school one, with actual wildlife) in the north of Misiones (area where we have IguazĆŗ Falls).
Iā€™ve got experience squatting in Europe/UK
Iā€™m a writer (write zines under the name Enneas Vittoria). My special talents include disliking police , looking for alternative ways of living and having a good time while doing so.
Iā€™m into paganism, art, ecology , direct action and rioting.

Hoping to meet fellow anarchists, hopefully those already in anarco-communities and those wanting to co-create one here.

Have a nice one :call_me_hand:t2::palm_tree::leopard:

Hello! We are happy to find this group. For the last 8 years we have lived in our motorhome and traveled the United States. We have seen most of the country and have enjoyed seeing and meeting so many people. It gives on a greater understanding of what the country is.

I (Dave) am a retired business owner/computer nerd/photograper. I am skilled in all aspects of building as well. Kate is a great cook, gardiner, friend of children, lover of nature.

We are current;y searching for our next home. We love the idea of a tiny house in a supportive, more liberal community and would really enjoy being part of one and contributing.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m Holly. I currently live in Massachusetts (just south of the New Hampshire border) with my son & our dog. I completed the starting a community course and am going through it again as I want to create a community for families who have lost a primary caregiver due to death. My husband passed away a little over two years ago and my take away from different grief groups Iā€™ve been part of is how difficult and challenging it has been ā€œsoloā€ parenting.

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Mac Thomson from Heartwood Cohousing in gorgeous SW Colorado. As you may have guessed, I love living at Heartwood and in SW Colorado ā€“ skiing, snowboarding, whitewater rafting, camping, hiking, biking ā€“ basically any opportunity to play in nature with friends and family.

I was a founder of Heartwood back in the 90ā€™s and am now working as project manager to build 14 new homes in 2025 in our Phase 2.

My wife Sandy and I raised our 3 kids here. As I often say, community living is both rewarding and challenging for adults, but pure heaven for kids. At least it was for our kids and the tribe they grew up with.

Iā€™m looking forward to getting to know you through this forum and help advance community in this ever fragmented world.

Cheers,
Mac

1 Like

Hi. My name is Brittany (as of now) I currently reside in Cleveland Ohio. I just turned 32 years old. I just woke up recently. I was adopted at Birth by a great set of people. But I donā€™t know my true meaning. I feel I am a healer. I am brave. I am a truth teller. I am kind. I have a LOT of love to give. I believe in free love , kindness and equality for all humans and living creatures. I am trying to break free from currency and material objects and learn how to grow my own crops and raise and or grow my own food , I have a lot of past trauma that I am working through and trying to better myself and eventually change the world to make it a better place for everyone. I am not currently living in intentional living but I want to be. My current living situation is not one to envy by any means and I am looking for where to go next.

1 Like

Hi! I am looking for people that are interested in a PHISH culture themed 55+ community. Looking for PHISH fans in general and specifically PHISH fans that have a profession that can contribute to a THINK TANK. I am not a PHISH fan - but I am a fan of PHISH fans.

One nice lady here looking for an evolving (still hopefully possible) group of like minded live-in volunteers with a better world in mind ;=)

ā€œWeā€ are a yet-imaginary group of kind people in a small-city householdā€¦ dreaming of a viable and loving ā€œHeart-Houseā€ā€¦ up and working in a middling American town in Oklahomaā€¦

The typical multi-person household here (or in most places now) is maybe a few blood-related people and/or a tenant or 2, but I want this place to house up 5 or 6 mindful, creative and focused people willing/able to help with projects with a better world in mind.

Examples of outside projects can include loneliness abatement activities like telephone call-ins for seniors, real live chat circles, lake-improvement shore-plantings, dance parties in the local diner, dog walking projects for shut-ins with pets, and the likeā€¦ā€œFun Not Bombsā€ could use some representation here too.

So please talk to me if you are at all interested, no room for children or any more critters now, sorry for that, single/coupled adults only at this point pleaseā€¦

Rent is still necessary as well, but way lower than you would have to pay otherwise in a non-volunteering household. Many hands make for less expenses, so lets make this a real thing! Hope to hear from you ;=)

1 Like

I am interested in your blurb and what you said about your new group possibly relocating in Mexico. If this is true I (single lady, older and kind) might be interested in joining. I am alone in the middle of the country now, close to Colorado, but able to move elsewhere (including to Mexico) if I close down this house I now live inā€¦can you please contact me and let me know how to reach you by phone or email??? Thanks in advance ;=)

1 Like

Hi, my name is Nathan. Iā€™m currently living in Largo, FL, not yet in an intentional community. I am looking into starting my own and have no experience. I came here looking for guidance. I am an NLP Master Practitioner with interests in Dungeons and Dragons, Minecraft, kink lifestyle, calisthenics, acrobatics, yoga, food as medicine, food as indulgence, astrology, tarot, chakras, feng shui, and being eco-friendly. I am very new to all of these, another reason why I want to find a community of like minded individuals and have a space where we can explore interests together.

Helloā€¦ I just started and saw your replyā€¦ Iā€™m looking for a partner to give this community an upgrade!! I want you to help me save the worldā€¦ it can be very simple and easyā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what parts this place can play thoā€¦ so are you up for it? I could really use the help, but our efforts get everyone the best future, living longer and being more fulfilledā€¦

Greetings! So wonderful to be here! You may call me Althea. Currently I am located in northern Illinois and I have not ever been nor am I in an intentional community before. What brings me to seek such a living situation is that I was unable to have the family life I had wanted and so I seek to find family within community. What I will have to offer a community is the following: Honesty, integrity, ethics, Reiki, Energy Healing, Modern Priestess/Shaman duties/responsibilities such as leading moon ceremonies, fire ceremonies, guided meditations, (once I pass national board exams) acupuncture and oriental medicine Modalities, herbal medicine, massage therapy. It is my goal to become apart of a community to take care of through my healing Modalities, and run a business with it to contribute a percentage of the income back into the community to support the community in Lue of housing which is also business operating space.
I also offer genuine friendship, and any other kind of support I am able to give along the way while preserving my personal boundaries :sparkling_heart::raised_hands::sparkles:
I do not know where I am meant to be other than always where I am currently at. I would love to relocate within the USA (not Texas or Florida).
Currently there are two adult humans, myself and my 25 yr.old daughter and two fur children, a cat and the best Chihuahua in the world :star_struck:. We have been through A LOT and are currently living in a tent in my parentā€™s backyard. We need to leave by winter. We are hard workers and are adaptable to many situations. We are both currently employed and are saving to relocate.
It is very expensive out there and is challenging to make ends meet while I study for my exams.
We are seeking somewhere to plant some roots and grow.
Many thanks for this site existing :sparkling_heart::pray: I hope to connect with like minded individuals here and see what opportunities lie ahead for us :sparkling_heart::raised_hands::sparkles:

Hello! My name is Simon, they/he pronouns. Iā€™m a lifelong apartment dweller whoā€™s more than ready to move out and move on. The Great Lakes region is my home.

Ecovillages and off-grid in particular interest me, but anything that allows me to engage with de-growth and regenerative practices will do! Hierarchal power structures are not my jam. Hoping to help build a new community from scratch someday.

Some things that bring me joy, in no particular order:

• storytelling, music, evolutionary biology, handcrafting, nature, animals - my cat!

Hey everyone. Iā€™m Harrison. I live with my parents right now in Toronto and am generally new to the concept of Intentional Community.
However, Iā€™m always trying to gather a group of friends and go on adventures. I love exploring new events and soaking in new vibes. I love meeting new people too and swapping skills, stories, information. I love new cultures and seeing new ways of being and doing things.
Iā€™m feeling some kind of void in my life right now that Iā€™m not exactly sure what it is. I think it has to do with people. It could be intimacy, or purpose, or meaning. Iā€™m here because my heart is telling me the idea of Intentional Community is a step in the right direction, so Iā€™m here to learn and explore and continue following the direction of my heart.
DM me if youā€™re in the Toronto area, or want to talk about anything!

Hi. My name is Marjorie and Iā€™m from Massachusetts. Iā€™m here because I long for a different life and wish to escape the matrix that is rigged against me. Iā€™m a former nurse, and currently work in home care. I honestly donā€™t have many domestic skills, but Iā€™m a fast learner. I am an isolated person, have zero friends, and no connection to my community. I always feel like I donā€™t belong wherever I go. Iā€™m willing to work hard for the greater good, but out here it doesnā€™t feel like Iā€™m working for much more than to make others wealthy. I hate this society and donā€™t understand how others manage it. Weā€™re all so disconnected and selfish. I donā€™t want to live this way.

Iā€™m progressive in my politics and am dedicated to the environment, peace, and justice. I am appalled by what people are willing to do to other people. Weā€™re a hopeless species really, and mother natureā€™s biggest mistake.

I do smoke pot and have a history of substance abuse. Been clean since 2009, besides the weed, and some antidepressants Iā€™m prescribed. That probably disqualifies me already, but figured Iā€™d be up front about it. I also wonder if you allow any internet access, or information so I donā€™t become ignorant about what terrible things are happening out here.

Iā€™m not happy. I wish for death daily, and I donā€™t want that to be my life forever. I donā€™t expect acceptance, as Iā€™ve never been accepted anywhere, but I figured Iā€™d try.

What a remarkable statement. Really quite striking. Iā€™ve been thinking about what you wrote, for a bit now. It seems to be rather truthful and seems quite honest. And certainly is what it is.

But if you happen to be looking for a slightly different way of looking at things, I might suggest. You wrote you are ā€œdedicated to ā€¦ peaceā€. And yet you use many nonpeaceful words and phrases. Like, -not happy, never accepted, hopeless, mistake, hate, selfish.

Perhaps if you are looking for something different in your life, you might first try looking for all the good around you. Perhaps spend less time with what distresses you, and more time with that which uplifts. Spend some time with the rising Sun. Walk in the rain now and again. Listen for the call of birds. Maybe look up a new recipe and cook a delicious meal for yourself. Or invite the neighbors over to share it with. Maybe watch an old Katherine Hepburn movie. You might even try going to Church. There are very often happy people there. Do some fun things and leave not fun behind.

And maybe when you begin to love yourself a bit more, the perfect community will come along and love you as well. The world is a wonderful place, filled with wonderful people. Seek them out. You might find more joy and happiness than you ever expected.

1 Like

new ic just posted you may have interest: https://www.ic.org/directory/american-refugee-community-arc/

1 Like

https://www.ic.org/directory/american-refugee-community-arc/

1 Like

check this out new ic just posted you may have interest: https://www.ic.org/directory/american-refugee-community-arc/

1 Like