Film Documentary

As a writer and Film & Podcast Producer it is not just a calling but a passion to capture all of the amazing gifts and challenges of living in community…for others to discover and learn from in order to support the future (and this is big, and honest and at the core of this forum topic)…of humankind.

This forum format is heartening to experience and at the same time this topic may well exceed the container necessary to move this Documentary project forward. So consider this just a beginning point, an invitation to fellow content creators in and around Intentional Community, an announcement, that a documentary is in the works.

Your spirit and skills are welcomed. We’ll be sure to ZOOM meet soon, as interest grows. Meanwhile, the invitation with this topic is to share your interest, skills and passion to tell the story, your story and those around you, about Intentional Community. Will you join me ?

2 Likes

Hi! I’m a filmmaker too and was thinking of doing a documentary starting this June. Maybe we can combine the two? Send me an email at homeschoolvideo@gmail.com. Either way, I’ll join this thread and us filmmakers can chat!

2 Likes

I’m not a filmmaker but have been working on ideas during my travels the past 10 years…it was unexpected, but I have land of my own now and even the address goes with my Dr Seuss theme 123 Flea Flicker Dr, Wickieup, AZ 85360. It’s not on the map yet but it’s 40 acres with a well in the middle of the Aquarius Mountains. I think I have a good story to tell.

1 Like

Absolutely …will do, my email: trey@threeflamesproductions.com

Lila - sounds like a GREAT story! What’s a good email for you and we can start a conversation. Mine is: trey@threeflamesproductions.com

1 Like

Hello everyone! Great to hear the beautiful projects already in the works :slight_smile: I’m a filmmaker capturing intentional communities/ecovillage & truly believe in capturing our way of life is essential to this movement which’ll create pathways for others to do the same.

You’re welcome to check out my first project Free Land for Free People - The Garden on YT or my more known work Treeisalive on Tiktok.

It ain’t easy doing what we do, with so many misconceptions about this lifestyle, we must support each other & define our message through film in a way that truly creates change.

We have a lot already in the works, E. G. The first intentional community TV show & more! Maybe you’d like to work together, I’d love more opportunities to be in front of the camera, instead of behind! :joy: feel free reach out @treeisalivecontact@gmail.com :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Fantastic ! Will check out your YT content - excited ! :clapper:

Carol …looking forward to learning more about what you are up to!

I’m still old school and do a film then submit it to film festivals so kudos for doing tik tok! I still don’t have an account, yet. I started the proposal for the docu on cohousing but finished a fictional film last year on zoom, making a short film with students, and working on a screenplay for a big production. I love using actors so you can be in my film in front of the camera!

2 Likes

Hi again. What does everyone here think about a film festival? It could be online? Films about intentional communities?

2 Likes

I C the initial above containing the media ‘pod cast’. I am learning Garage Band. Yes, ‘that ol familiar’ but it got expanded when they removed it from a free-on-ur-puters app. We are making a series to bridge generations (ol folk and 20somethings) and reduce isolation/build community (network not landed/ an ic).

I have a project that is difficult to get off the ground… more film oriented. It is creating shorts - 3, 5, a film collaborative, cross multiple personal identities (poor/rich, white/BIPOC, urban/rural individuals, etc), in order to tour and publicly screen a short (10, 30 min) then have a socratic experience/dialogue for behavior change in attendees. I am thinking Phase I is a simple grass roots organizing effort but the diversity of population (members of the collaborative will write, act, film, etc) makes it difficult to initiate (on -0- $).

1 Like

Wow!! What an idea! A film festival for films about intentional community!

I’d be up for helping bring such a thing to the world.

2 Likes

LOVE this idea. There would be such VALUE in the building and buzz about this to see what has already been shot and produced. Happy to chat about it directly.

Contact me when easy: trey@threeflamesproductions.com

1 Like

Do you need technical help or just worried about where to show it? I can help with both. I have a film that I’m going to start showing around the country so shorts before the showing would be great.

1 Like

Anyone know someone who has a movie about ICs? Have you made one? Any length and amatuer is fine.
Would you like to help form the first IC film festival? Send me an email. We are going to zoom meet sometime between Turkey day and New Year’s
See you at the movies,
Carol
homeschoolvideo@gmail.com

Serena at https://auroraseyefilms.com/ makes a lot of films about community.

I’d love an update about how the intentional community film festival idea is going.

Follow the Dirt Road - by Monique G (forgot her last, Dan Greenberg’s wife, he helped a bit) is the typical merican ic tour thing. Mary & Keith did one but w/o the camera. I think Dan was doing research for PhD on children, Monique might have gone as a documen tarian? Can see in vemio or get from FIC I believe.

• -Chad

Hi I am Erik, and I am the founder of Gaia Earthen Technologies Polytechnic, a non profit dedicated to Sustainable Living Education and Research & Development. By trade I am a mechanical/automotive engineer, and I hold an MBA, and a PDC, and I have studied and teach earth architecture.
I started Tranqvillium, Sustainable Living Education and Research Community in the California Mojave six years ago, and I am still working on developing it into a viable off-grid, sustainable living place for those who want to live that lifestyle. You can read about this project here: [https://tranqvillium.org]
The main focus of the community is Sustainable living, and within that mostly Natural building and Permaculture. The community has no entry fee and the at the end of the 12 months “Social Experiment” period the land and all assets on the land will go into the non-profit organization that will be controlled by the residents, as members of the board. If you are interested please read the website and don’t hold back on the questions if you have any. It is part of the plan to video document this entire process and work it into a docuseries. If this sounds like we know what we are doing I can assure you we don’t… :slight_smile: at least about film making and all that goes with it. The rest, we are pretty good at. Does this fit what you are looking for?
(https://tranqvillium.org/)

Hi Trey
I have been thinking about a documentary since we started the process of creating our community. Would love to be a part of something bigger, feels easier to me than making (or hiring someone to make) our own.

This has been a lifelong dream of mine since living on an intentional community in Oregon - since then I spent 25 years in the fields of sustainability and gardening in Colorado, and then my husband and I took the leap in the housing boom and bought 40 acres in eastern TN to start a permaculture intentional community and landshare. Definitely open to sharing our story. So far unfolding just on IG @shambhala_TN :slight_smile:

Feel free to email me: andyjkennedy@gmail.com