Introduction - Allen Butcher

What should we call you?  

Allen (pronouns: co/cos)

Where are you living? Do you live in an intentional community now? 

Dry Gulch Ecovillage, a small, urban, class-harmony community in a gentrifying neighborhood of the West Denver Barrio (Colorado, USA).

What are your experiences in community?

12 years in communal society, 3 years in collectives, 14 years in class-harmony community

Special talents

Writing; construction

Interests

Intentional community; Partnership Spirituality

Why are you here?

This is clearly the place to be! :smile: :slight_smile:

I have been creating written materials about intentional community, and community-oriented spirituality. I have produced a first edition of an alternative history of Western civilization focusing upon gifting and sharing cultures, and am in the process of producing a second edition. 1st edition available on Amazon titled: “The Intentioneers’ Bible.” This work is also part of my development of a communitarian religion I’ve named “partnership spirituality.” For discussions of these projects see my blog: www(dot)Intentioneers(dot)net Also, I have three Facebook pages: Dry Gulch Ecovillage; School of Intentioneering; Partnership Spirituality

Another book project I am working on covers several different topics concerning community, some of the chapters for which I will be distributing when produced, currently working on one about childcare in community, and another about time-based economics replacing monetary economics, and another on partnership spirituality. Initial discussions of these and other topics appear on my blog and Facebook pages.

I am fortunate to have a living situation where I can focus upon writing, which has also served for isolating during the Covid pandemic. Looking forward to getting published!

4 Likes

Welcome. I followed you on wordpress. I’m not a “go on everyday” sorta person but I I look forward to your future blogs.

Hi @Allen, letting you know that I just moved your topic into the Discussion category and added the tag “Introductions” to your topic!

We’re trying to keep this forum pretty organized, so if you can add relevant tags to your future topics, we’d appreciate that participation. You can learn more about adding tags in our Getting Started document!

We also have a group introductions topic that you may want to add your introduction to, and you’ll also see others’ intros there: Introduce yourself and meet others