Introduce yourself and meet others

Hi Ryan, I just posted that I plan on starting a group on Zoom and having a meetup on Saturday the 9th. Please send me an e mail if you would like an invite. lilaosborne@rocketmail.com

@Nodnarb @Sunshineisthebestmed @koreyb

Koreybā€™s posts got flagged by the auto-moderator (not a person, a bot that the platform runs) because they had similar content, were made in quick succession, and contained links. It took us a bit longer to clear them from the moderation queue because we were deciding if we wanted to ask @koreyb to combine them somehow, but ultimately decided that they were fine as written.

We try to clear things from the moderation queue within 12 hours, but as the forum is new and weā€™re trying to figure out what our moderation best practices are some things may take a bit longer to figure out. Generally we would message the person whose posts were hidden and let them know what was going on and why, but I slipped on that with these posts this time.

Transparency in moderation is the highest priority for the moderation team. If we do decide to remove or edit a post, we will always leave a reply about what happened and why.

Thanks for being understanding and patient as we figure all this out.

6 Likes
  • What should we call you? Pete
  • Where are you living? Sacramento
  • Do you live in an intentional community now? no
  • What are your experiences in community? None really.
    But Iā€™ve been waffling on the edge of co-housing and following/lurking around IC.org for a few decades.
  • Special talents
  • Interests
    I lived in a house I built on five acres for 22 years. Always had gardens.
  • Why are you here? interested in creating/finding/collaborating around personal space.
3 Likes

My name is Kyra, my pronouns are they/them/theirs
I live in the PNW, I am a part of a forming intentional community.
I like gardening and making art.
I came to this forum to find more people to join my community!

4 Likes

Ny name is Nicole Garcia and I am currently living at Weā€™Moon homestead.
Iā€™ve been living here since September of last year but am exploring other communities and options. I lived and Breitenbush hot springs for 5.5 years before the fires in 2020.
I have office and event coordinating skills. Cooking and plant medicine as well.

I am looking to meet other community minded folks and possible find a new community to live in.

5 Likes

Iā€™m interested in a gift circle for communitarians helping communitarians. Please let me know if that something that interests you.

Particularly aiming to serve community builder.

We are Herding Cats Collective ā€” a developing Urban Intentional Community

3 Likes

Thank you for such a transparent answer!

1 Like

Yes, letā€™s keep in touch. I may be too busy for a book club at the moment, but I love the idea.

1 Like

Hi, Jaspen here, Iā€™m the founder of Ingenium Expressive Arts Village at www.ExpressiveArtsVillage.com Weā€™re in the Sierra Foothills - Nevada City, Northern California, about an hour north of Sacramento. Check out the virtual ā€œSelf-Guided Tourā€ page on our website to see any current openings.

As for me personally, I love art, nature, and spirit; and I especially love personal growth, relational vitality and spiritual awareness.

Iā€™m grateful to be part of the Intentional Community network! :blush:

2 Likes

Nice to see you here Jaspen! Welcome. :slight_smile:

Aloha from the Hamakua Coast in Hawaii!

We live on an 86 acre property shared with worktraders, 5 permanent residents, a permaculture garden, cows, horses, a donkey, honey bees, and our newest edition 34 baby chicks. We are in the beginning process of forming an intentional community and how we can live harmoniously together.

Looking forward to learning more in this class.

Mahalo.

6 Likes

Hello folks,

My name is Ted, he/they.

For years Iā€™ve been interested in finding ways to live a more harmonious and collaborative life than the standard model of society currently offers. Humanity SEEMS to hold such promise, I would like to be a part of working toward fulfilling that promise.

Professionally, I am a horticulturist who has been focusing on historic garden preservation and restoration but starting this fall Iā€™ll be working toward a graduate degree in Ecological Landscape Design, a recent but deep obsession of mine.

Personally, I am passionate about any and all creativity, social justice (justice of every kind, really), positive empowerment and compassion. I am wary of organized religion but strongly supportive of personal spiritual quest, and I am growing increasingly intolerant of capitalist profiteering as a socially acceptable norm.

Iā€™m open to discussions about absolutely anything, and Iā€™m grateful for all of us that share this yearning for true community.

4 Likes

Hi Nicole!

Iā€™m Ted, new to the IC forum and I noticed your post and just wanted to introduce myself.

Iā€™m currently living across the bay in Dorchester County, MD, but I will be moving north to western MA this fall to pursue my Masters degree in Ecological Landscape Design.

My best wishes for your quest for a community, Iā€™ve been interested for a quite a while but so far I havenā€™t yet found that situation, although I love the search and will keep looking or even trying to buld anew, in the meantime I try my best to spread the community spirit where I can out here in the broader society.

Ted.

3 Likes

Hey Ted!

Congrats on pursuing your masters.
My family has some forestry property in Western MA.

Thanks! Iā€™ve been interested in something like that for a while too off and on but havenā€™t found anything yet and starting one myself would be cool for the future.

I found some videos about the Ithaca Ecovillage recently that inspired me. Ever heard of it?

Cheers
Nicole

2 Likes

Hi @diane_baker. ,

Iā€™m Ted, I just came across your introduction post and I thought I would respond because you seem to have a few of the same interests as I do in community.

Since I signed up for this forum a few days ago, Iā€™ve been thinking about posting a call to others who might be interested in starting a conversation on forming a community (or life/home/land-sharing situation) for folks who are thinking about a comfortable place to land for the final stretch, a place for mid-to-elder folks to age in place with the comfort and security of other good folks around them.

Iā€™m still a few years away from any kind of retirement but I am on my own, with no family left after my mom passed away a few years ago. I had been my motherā€™s caregiver for quite a while as she declined in severe dementia, then I threw myself back into life and work, but I canā€™t deny that time is passing and so Iā€™m keeping my eyes open for ways to possibly settle down with others who might find themselves in the same spot, without having to sign into a for-profit aging home.

Iā€™ll be living in the northeast for the immediate future but I have always loved the mountains of North Carolina, I spent about 25 years on the coast of NC but Iā€™ve been following my work around for a few years now.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I do hope to start a ā€œtopicā€ here on the idea I mentioned. I donā€™t know if there are many people out there who might find it interesting but I guess itā€™s worth trying to find out!

4 Likes

Hi! Unless you can think of a better name, you can call me Ron. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking for fellow truth seekers, freedom lovers, free thinkers, spiritually aware beings, sustainable & independent living enthusiasts and artists.

Iā€™m currently in Florida and Iā€™m very interested in finding a well-aligning community in New Hampshire. Iā€™ve never been part of one but it is something I considered would be ideal for quite a while. Iā€™ve traveled the world a bit and Iā€™ve done WWOOFing (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms) in eight locations.

Iā€™m fairly competent at DIY and problem solving. I enjoy hard work (and working smartly) towards a worthwhile goal. Iā€™m interested in alternative home design, design in general, optimum (and alternative) health and diet, permaculture, philosophy, political systems (not politics and not identifying with either Left or Right), spirituality and making art.

Iā€™m always open to finding new friends with common interests so please feel free to message me.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am so glad to have found this forum . Thank you so much for making this happen!

ā€¢ What should we call you?:

Almaz (she/her)

ā€¢ Where are you living?

Puidoux, Switzerland

ā€¢ Do you live in an intentional community now?

No

ā€¢ What are your experiences in community?

Being a cultural minority and having lived the life of a nomad :), I believe that I am aware of the challenges that come up when forging new relationships, understanding new societies and new ways of living.
Even though before, I used to feel like everyone had to forcefully change / correct themselves to make relationships work (which was a horribly painful process!) In the past few years, I have started to forge relationships based on mutual values and inner work.

ā€¢ Special talents

I do inner work. I believe that everybody and every situation and thing are mirrors reflecting back to us what is inside of us. I learn and teach to use every relationship as a way to bring inner and outer peace.

ā€¢ Interests

I speak French, good Polish, Amharic and some Italian.

ā€¢ Why are you here?

I am looking for a community that has made inner work an integral part of itself. I am making videos on youtube (links in my profile) showing who I am and what I am offering so that you can decide whether itā€™s compatible with your goals. If yes, let me know and letā€™s try it out.

Additionally, if you have any issues that are coming up in your community, you can let me know and I can work directly with you (see if our needs are compatible) or I can gladly make a video on the issue so that others can also benefit from it.

Iā€™m currently taking steps online before I commit to a specific community.

3 Likes

Hi Korey (not a mailman :laughing: ),

I really enjoyed reading your post. Itā€™s so witty, funny and filled with beautiful intentions.
And, yes, I think God loves all pronouns ā€¦ I noticed that depending on the day I am having, I called God a ā€œsheā€, a ā€œtheyā€ā€¦ and that feels so freeing.

I am very interested in working on what you called the biggest challenge, which is money. I was thinking about Bitcoins yesterday and realised how ignorant I was in the matter. And this ignorance is not only mine and it has not started with bitcoins. This has started with everything that deals with finances. It always amazes me that there are no classes in schools about money ā€¦ itā€™s such an integral part of our lives and yet, one has to go to university to learn about it.
Through my inner work, I have realised that there is a lot of shadow around it. And, I believe that one of the ways of dealing with it is by looking at the beliefs that we hold about it (" money doesnā€™t grow on trees", ā€œI am brokeā€ this feels physical, ā€œmoney is the root of all evilā€ā€¦) and become conscious of them. This work will take us to, what you mentioned, ā€œvalueā€. What if the beliefs we have about money are always about value, especially about self-value! If I donā€™t value myself, the world around me is going to mirror that back to me through, amongst others, the feeling of never having enough of itā€¦ never having enough of anything, because I am not enough!

As I said, I am extremely ignorant when it comes to bitcoins and so I would love to learn more about it.

Cio,

Almaz

1 Like

Hi @KyraLavenderDove ! Would you mind telling us a little more about the community youā€™re forming?

Iā€™m always curious when I come across new communities, there is such a rich diversity of places, people, ideas, values, etc. and Iā€™m always hoping to find, or start, a community that I could be a part of.

Thanks! Ted.

1 Like

Hi Ted, happy to hear from you and do intend to write back. life has been full and shall continue to be for the next few days. be on the lookout for a reply soon. A great topic. an important topic, and timely! thanks, Diane. I think that starting a conversation is a great idea!

1 Like