So excited for Spring!

It was sunny in Tacoma yesterday and I was surprised by this hyacinth in my yard. Spring is here!!

Are there flowers blooming where you are? Other signs of the seasons changing? I’d love to see them!!

2 Likes

It is warming up fast over here and as soon as I am able, I will be digging the third of my garden trenches.
I think I am still a couple months from seeing any new buds, but, if my plans work out, I will have my seedlings already well underway.
Here I am sitting on my throne, ready for spring whenever it should appear.

4 Likes

The cherry blossoms are already shedding their petals about their various locations in Seattle.:green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

So Christmas Time is winding down here (we take our decorations and tree down on Jan. 7th) and other than getting a good snowfall I can’t wait for spring. I reckon once winter holidays are over and I get a good snowfall then its time for spring :slight_smile: In northwestern OR spring can show up anywhere from early Feb. to mid March, so there’s a huge span of time and it all depends on how mild a winter we’re having, how much sun we’re getting, how cold its getting, etc. And once or twice spring has come and yet we got snow afterwords, and thus had spring snow, which is trippy here as its so rare.

I don’t know where or how, but I keep smelling flowers, even though its not spring here yet. I measure spring based on location rather than the calendar. Its different everywhere. In Portland I measured spring by when the daphnies bloomed at my father’s house and wafted their scent onto the front porch. This occurs anywhere between early Feb. and mid March, it depends on the year and how the winter behaves. But living here in West Linn I’m not sure how I should measure spring. I guess we’ll see what happens, but it will be a bit yet since we just a multi-day freeze and each time that happens it slows down the process.

omg! I love the excitement that builds with nature’s signs. People are often surprised that I garden year-round (partially in thanks to my greenhouse.) In January I started alliums, garlic, spicebush, and blueberry.

1 Like