Introduce yourself and meet others

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kirsten Held and my husband is John Davis Held. We live in Baltimore City, MD but are looking to downsize in the next few years either in the U.S. or out of the country if that becomes necessary. Our current choice in the U.S. is Asheville, NC. I am very interested in seeing if an intentional living community would be a good fit for us. We attended our first Zoom meeting with Neil/FIC and were very inspired. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible and exchanging helpful ideas, feelings, and perspectives.

Kirsten

3 Likes

Hi, Kristin! I also sent you a DM (direct message).
Kim

nice, i envy you, i am tired of the weather in central europe
br: ders from walden somogy

Update: I ditched the blog and website plan because life is already feeling really overwhelming and full. YES to LESS! Also we have purchased land and are creating our child-focused ecovillage! If anyone reading this post has a family with children looking for community in the wet and green beauty of Western Wa, please message me directly for more information. We are currently seeking 1 angel investor, and 5 families into ownership of legally divided parcels.

1 Like

Hey yaā€™ll!

I am a professional fool dedicated to empowering local communities by studying and implementing cultural design.

Performed as a juggler since the age of ten for everything from Hindu temples to orphanages, presented as a keynote speaker at fortune 500 companies, wandered through 22 countries as a backpacker, lived as a part of a tribe of fire spinners, winner of the NROTC scholarship with the US marine corps, and current student of Sociology at UC Berkeley.

My main inspiration comes from my friends in Ecuador fighting for indigenous rights.

Iā€™m taking a gap year to visit intentional communities, and Iā€™m fairly scared to be leaving the conventional path to figure out things (hopefully not all on my own!) Feel free to reach out and chat so we can find ways to support one another, even just by sharing a chill conversation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

I just finished reading everyoneā€™s introductions and loved meeting you all, albeit virtually.

My name is Lou. Iā€™m a 51 yo (how the :astonished: did that happen?!) woman currently living with my partner (Clif) in Vermont. There is potential for community on the property which has 3 dwellings and 18 acres, but we are also considering relocating to an area with lower property taxes, a longer growing season, around people who are questioning the narrative and who support medical freedom.

I donā€™t have any direct experience with community per se (unless you count horses, dogs, chickens & ducks - we all get along just fine!), although my partner does.

As a person who loves solitude but also deep, authentic relationships, Iā€™m equally afraid and intrigued by ā€œintentional community.ā€ From the UK originally, I quite like the idea of something a bit more organic like a village, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s not that simple once you get into the nitty-gritty.

My skills/experience include: project management, web design, small biz consulting, animal husbandry, gardening (I could happily garden all day long), creating (anything), and nutritional therapy. My partner is, at present, a naturopath. Iā€™m signed up and taking a course in Biogeometry soon. Iā€™m at the tail-end of recovering from a mystery (non-c19 related) illness that provided me with ample doses of humility.

I spent many a year as a voracious ā€œtruth seeker,ā€ going down spiritual rabbit holes that led to quite a few ā€œpeak experiencesā€ (without the use of psychedelics (not that Iā€™m against them)). I leaned heavily towards non-duality. One day for reasons unknown to me, the seeking ended (although getting to the truth of a matter, as much as one can, is still a major driver in my life). My partner is a non-practicing Rudolph Steiner fan (Iā€™m learning more about that).

I LOVE all creatures & plants great and small, wild and free horse gallops up a mountainside, learning new things, creating & sharing beautiful spaces, radical honesty and deep conversations, the Way of Council, gardening, cooking, and being outside as much as possible.

I think Iā€™m not very good at being politically correct or practicing non-violent communication (I donā€™t really even know what NVC is), and perhaps have a bit of an ego reaction around those things. But, I am 100% supportive/loving of all walks/ways of life that anyone or thing wishes to follow/be. I can be very serious, very silly, very practical, and very rash (so am mostly very confused).

Groupthink frightens me. Truth does not. I appreciate directness. Iā€™m not woke.

A significant shift and unveiling appears to have occurred to my partner and me over the past two years - a bit like the ego falling away but more the constructs of what we considered relatively good, reliable, or safe in the world has fallen away. As such, we now find ourselves questioning EVERYTHING that was previously assumed and learning about resiliency and getting prepared. In other words - I have zero trust in government (no matter which side), big pharma, big tech, mainstream media, public radio (never thought Iā€™d see that day!), institutions/universities etc. and, sorry, even NGOs. I have felt more truth from people like Catherine Austin Fitts, Bobby Kennedy, Brett & Heather Weinstein, Robert Malone, Charles Eisenstein, etc. (Iā€™m sharing this so you can avoid me if necessary!!).

Iā€™m here because, well, here I am. What I really want is to get out of the system, with others who wish to do the same, while maintaining the freedom for each person to be their full, incredible, weird selves.

Sorry this turned into a novel! Looking forward to reading and learning more from you all.

4 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m AL from Jacksonville, Florida. Iā€™m 46 yo gay male. After recent spiritual transformation I exited corporate healthcare and dreaming of joining an IC. There are so many choices and I donā€™t know where to start! Please reach out to me if you have any suggestions in finding a great community.

Iā€™d love to get a home in an an eco-village or co-house with loving kind people. Iā€™m looking for a spiritually inclined community that is sustainable located in the south eastern States, surrounded by hills, water and forests. Friendly and supportive community is very important for me. I teach yoga, meditation, QiGong, breathwork; practice Shamanism and energy healing. I grew up in a large farm and can cultivate, grow and take care of many things. My passion is in growing veggies, microgreens, mushrooms and healing herbs.

Also, Iā€™d love to invest into business projects like greenhouses, eco-tourism, AirBNB, transformation retreats, Ayahuasca/Psilocybin retreats etc, so everyone in the community can benefit from the work and profit.

Iā€™m also looking for my soul mate - a gay guy around my age, to join a community together. If you are interested or know of a single guy please connect us, my email is lops@tuta.io

Iā€™m sending pure love & gratitude and wishing you to enjoy the present moment.

2 Likes

hello, Iā€™m ā€œForever Blessedā€ aka Erika , Iā€™m from FL, but currently traveling with workaway. I do not live in an intentional community, I have only visited one, the 12 Tribes community, open to visiting more for potentially staying longer term. I really value the idea of sharing and having all things in common for the greater good of everyone, living off the land, being able to practice religion & faith freely and safely, good stewardship. Iā€™ve learned how to bake and make soap, sew and many other crafy skills. I want to learn how to be fully self-sufficient while still having a larger community to lean on. Thank you for making it easier!

2 Likes

Hi Erika! Welcome to the forum. Nice to learn about your journey and the community youā€™ve visited. I also love making soap (from goat milk especially)! - Emlyn

What should we call you?

My name is Finn Mauritzen.

Where are you living?

I live in the Catskills region of New York, about 80 miles from New York City.

Do you live in an intentional community now?

Not really. Still working on that.

What are your experiences in community?

I grew up on a farm in Denmark. My family was a member in several consumer and producer cooperatives. In America, I tried to get people interested in forming worker cooperatives, but without much traction. Now retired and single again, I will try to form an intentional community here.

Special talents

I donā€™t really have a specialty. Iā€™m interested in many different things. Iā€™m more of a generalist. Iā€™m more interested in the big picture, details arenā€™t really my thing.

Interests

Currently studying Christian anarchism, labels both of which mean different things to different people.

Why are you here?

Iā€™m here looking for a few like-minded people who would be interested in finishing the development of a Christian anarchist monastery here at my home in New York. For now, I have called it New Covenant House.

3 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Moose (he/him). Itā€™s a family nickname I have had all my life and since moving into community 7 years ago has been my public name.
I live in Sharingwood Cohousing which is approximately 30 miles northeast of Seattle, WA. Sharingwood is a rural community surrounded by a 20+ acre land trust which we maintain.
I have been interested in intentional communities all my adult life. I was involved in a couple of cohousing communities in the development phase. However Sharingwood is the first organized community I have lived in. Here I am a renter and have loved the inclusiveness present here for non-owners. In fact at one point I was the Board president.
My interests include community building; low-impact housing construction; astrophysics; space technologies, including rocketry; maintaining natural environments; mitigating the effects of climate change; social justice, especially regarding queer folk; and the use of symbols, hence my personal sigil as my profile image.
I am here to learn from other communitarians about their experiences. To become engaged as I am able with developing this community.

2 Likes

How do I message you privately?

bobslatten@centurylink.net

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stephanie and I currently live in Tennessee. I do not currently live in an IC.
My experiences consist of organizing around social projects. I really do not have any special talents, beside the speed in which I can organize and develop almost anything I set my mind to. I am here to learn more about building a IC here in TN.

3 Likes
  • What should we call you?

Hi my name is Marco!

• Where are you living? Do you live in an intentional community now?

I am from Italy. No.

• What are your experiences in community?

I still havenā€™t yet.

• Special talents.

Drawing

• Interests

Writing

• Why are you here?

Make friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€¢ What should we call you?
Aaron or E-J
ā€¢ Where are you living? Do you live in an intentional community now?
Right now I live in a kind of ā€œUnintentionalā€ community; a.k.a., I live in a house that has other renters who happen to share some similar interests. However I am looking to meet other people who are also interested in inventing and hacking in the STEM fields. I am trying to create a community of other people who have interesting ideas and need a community to support their growth and realization.
ā€¢ What are your experiences in community?
I have lived in a number of shared houses, although they werenā€™t really intentional in nature. I also have experience with worker and consumer cooperatives.
ā€¢ Special talents
Thinking outside the box
ā€¢ Interests
Inventing, philosophy, gardening
ā€¢ Why are you here?
To meet people and network.

4 Likes

Amy (She/her).

In Oklahoma and no.

I donā€™t have experience but Iā€™d like to.

I really like to multi-task, is that a special talent? Iā€™m a good cook and can fill out medical cards. Organization and leadership is a big one too since Iā€™m a substitute teacher and previous assistant manager.

A lot. I like reading, fitness/nutrition, working with kids, video games, Iā€™m being outside more often and getting into watersports. Learning a new language is up there too, Iā€™m currently learning French and a little Hebrew.

Iā€™m here because it seems interesting and I love meeting people from different ways of life.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
My name is Scott. Iā€™m currently living in western Pennsylvania enjoying the Allegheny Mountains with a roommate.No
My experience in community living has been life long with my up bringing. But formal community living is limited to work stays the last few years,Iā€™ve also been staying and work staying in hostels for years now.

Talents:
Masonry/flooring
Painting/brush/roller and Titan,Graco sprayers
Carpentry framing not a trim carpenter (I read blueprints)
Heavy equipment: dozer,excavator,loaders,forklift/telehandler,Ariel lifts,scissor lift,off road dump trucks, most lawn tractors,bobcat.
Rough plumbing
Landscaping
Cleaning
Splitting wood
Very organized
Aquapontics experience
And my greatest talent is listening :ear:

Interests:
O my this is a long list.
Laughing with friends and family
Mountains
Hiking
Camping
Surfing
Music
Art
Sports
Other peoples stories
Reading
Gardening
Exercise
Daydreaming

Iā€™ve been urning for somewhere on this planet where personal growth through a community,tribe,village actually exist. Now itā€™s really taken off with getting introduced to work stays, I also have to mention I made a decision in 2007 to not take part in social media and really the World Wide Web for entertainment . Itā€™s been almost overwhelming to see all of these communities out here . So I was told about this website a while ago and I am ready mentally,spiritually, and physically to make the commitment. I feel traveling and using my skills have given me the self esteem to let myself do this, Iā€™m ready to find a community that I now know is just waiting out there for me. I believe in this 100%

3 Likes
  • What should we call you? Angelia (they/them)
  • Where are you living? Memphis
  • Do you live in an intentional community now? no
  • What are your experiences in community? None. I raised 4 kids, but I donā€™t do well with roommates.
  • Special talents: yarn crafting, writing, pattern recognition, organization
  • Why are you here? I am on the planning committee for my pagan church to move to more accepting climes. Weā€™re looking at building an intentional community and I donā€™t need to reinvent the wheel.
1 Like

Hello! My name is Al. I live in Seattle and spend winters in California in my van. I have an occupation that allows me to live rent free and to be free.

I have experienced what some call ā€œcosmic consciousnessā€. Alan Watts is my biggest influence. I grew up in a southern Baptist family but today consider myself agnostic/atheist. My philosophies now tend to be that of a Stoic and Taoist. I think Gary Snyder is brilliant.

I need to find a community somewhere on the Pacific Coast where I can learn to live off the land and to somehow give back and to have camaraderie with other like-minded folks.

I enjoy working with my hands. Getting dirty. A layman landscaper. Iā€™m an improvisor, singer and musician, artist, philosopher, lone wolf, wanderer, explorer and a lover of a simple way of life off the grid. I love to work with other people who enjoy communicating in harmony with each other.

1 Like