Hello! Two down to earth people and two sweet pups looking for land, community, and a winter home in Vermont or New York

Hi! Are you still looking for a place to settle and/or a winter home? My partner and I are founding a community in southern Connecticut, so not within your geographic parameters but not too far out. We’re under contract on a property that’s 7.25 acres of woods with a ranch house on it. It’s steep-ish (the whole property slopes down to a stream) and mostly suited to forest farming. We’re looking for people to come live with us! The cost is probably going to be around $800 per person per month plus utilities, which is one of the downsides of living in southern Connecticut. As an upside, we’re like ten minutes from downtown New Haven. Just based on your post, I think our goals and values seem like they could largely be compatible! There are a few places we might not be a perfect fit – we will definitely have internet and most likely need frequent house meetings to get things set up as we’ll have either 4 or 5 people – but I wanted to reach out in case you wanted to talk more! Here’s my thread for more info: Help cofound a forest understory farm community