Finding folks interested in cohousing/intentional neighborhoods near salem OR

Hello, I am currently in the deep planning and research process of looking to build a community. I am a single mom to a toddler. My end goal/vision is to find folks with a similar values to purchase land together and build independent homes with a community center. Im looking for a balance of independence and shared resources and goals/values of moderate self sufficiency. I want to live in a place where I feel like my neighbors and me are looking out for each other. Non heigharchical but shared goals and vision for the neighborhood.

I have significant foraging skills, and am a certified hyonotist and self taught graphologist if that matters to know.

Right now I am hoping to meet people with a shared vision! Lets chat.

2 Likes

@eblackburn14 Hello! I wish to ask on what you have in mind specfically for this idea. Would this community function like a financial safety net? What values and goals come to mind?

Pringle Creek is an agrihood in Salem OR, perhaps it could work for you? Sometimes people want to start their own, but sometimes when something already exists that could work it can be appealing to just join up. Also a new agrihood is being built in Donald OR, I can’t remember the name of that one.