A typical day in the life?

Hi everyone!
Nice to meet you. I’m Marco from Italy!

Would it possible to know about your typical Day in the life, especially, talking about how many hours of work a day, as we know it in society, are there to do? Also, how many hours a day do You usually use for the participation in the community recreational activities?

Please feel free to make any comparision if You had any prior experience about the standard “job culture” thing.

Looking forward to hear from You guys :slight_smile:

Bringing this back to the top, the answers of how much time people spend on community work are going to vary, based on whether they live in a commune, whether they live in cohousing, is the community urban, rural, is growing food an important part of the community etc. I hope some people who have found the right community for them and are living there will answer because this is a great question.

Well now that I’ve visited a few communities in person on tours I have a better understanding of what community life can be like for some communities. There tends to be lots of impromptu interactions in passing, people all know each other and say hello. Each community I’ve visited has a focus on gardening/growing food and sustainability to some degree or other. All the communities I’ve visited so far have a shared space for tools, and either a commonhouse or common rooms where meals happen sometimes and where people can gather. 2 out of the 3 communities I’ve visited have had guest rooms available so community members can have guests stay over, even though their living space is smaller than average.

In one of the communities I’ve visited, there is a clear expectation about how many hours each person is to do community work. The other two are looser, but the one I visited today requires everyone to participate in the monthly work day on the third Sat. of each month. But I’m assuming that if that day doesn’t work for folks then they can set up to work on a different day?