Any other progressive Christians on here?

We’re progressive or liberal Christians, just wondering if there are others with similar beliefs here. How does religion and spirituality affect the experience of living in community?

3 Likes

hello, I’m a believer. I’m not sure what you mean by progressive or liberal, sorry? Could you clarify

I believe in Jesus and follow him, but don’t think everything in the Bible is literally God’s word. I’m a universalist or something close to that, am pro LGBT, accept evolution, etc.

Hi, thanks for posting this topic and sharing about your beliefs. I don’t identify as Christian, but I’m spiritual and I’ve really enjoyed learning about the spiritual beliefs of those I’ve shared community with. I really love learning about and participating in land-based traditions like Maypole celebrations and wreath making around the winter solstice.

Have you tried filtering the communities in the FIC directory (Communities Directory - Find Intentional Communities) by religious/spiritual practices? Looks like they have “Christian” as one of the options, and you might be able to combine that with other filters.

Spiritual but not religious isn’t too far from what we are, and we like learning about other spiritual and religious beliefs and practices.
I have used search filters and know about some Christian communities. We don’t really want to move though; we have a homestead established and would like if another family joined us here.

[moderator hat on]
@neverfear
Your comment is out of alignment with the Guidelines for using this forum, specifically:

• Use welcoming and inclusive language
  • Be curious about people’s experiences and reflections
  • Lead with empathy for other community members
  • Post with respect and compassion to your fellow posters, even if you disagree with what is being said.

You can refer to these guidelines here: Introduction & Guidelines - FIC Forum

Would you please revise your post? Thank you!

[/moderator]

Hey Doe Valley,
Where do you live and how big is your homestead?
Brandon,
Shoutout from rural utah.

Southern Indiana, we have 17 acres, mostly woods, but some orchard and some sheep pasture.

I’m a Christian, who is middle-of-the-road politically, I lean left on some things and right on others.

Re. community, I want to live somewhere that values personal liberty, collaborative cooperation, personal responsability, respect and kindness, and connection to the earth. Anything beyond that I’m not that particular about in the sense that I have my beliefs and others can have theirs. I’m more particular about things like what type of housing there is, governance, etc.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what our community values would be too. If we weren’t on opposite sides of the country I’d say we should talk about working together. I’m not very particular about governance and structure; something basically democratic, with a mix of private and communal property would be good.

We’re well-rooted here so wouldn’t move, but I hope you can find the right folks for your homestead and community ideas in your area.